What do cockroaches like to eat?
When it comes to cockroaches there are very few things they don’t eat. Their favourite foods are starchy, fatty, sweet and high in protein. One thing they will not feed on is cucumbers!
Here is the list of things cockroaches eat:
- Certain types of wallpaper and wallpaper glue
- Meats: chicken, beef, pork.
- Breakfast cereals.
- Dead insects, this includes other dead cockroaches too.
- Other insect feces and their own, yuk!!!
- Dead skin
- Certain Book bindings
- Decaying organic matter.
- Things you find in drains, I choose not to elaborate further.
- The glue on the back of postage stamps.
- Bread, so sweep up those crumbs.
So, what happens to cockroaches when they run out of food?
Many species can live without food for up to a month! They do need water though and will die within a week without drinking. As you can see from this list of what cockroaches eat the chances of you starving them to death is pretty much impossible.
One thing I have not put on the list is our cockroach bait and they find it to die for.
Learn more about cockroaches and how we can help you here.